Saturday 6 May, 3.30 pm at St John’s Church, Rotorua
Sunday 7 May, 3 pm at Holy Trinity Church, Devonport Road, Tauranga
Conducted by Justus Rozemond with internationally renowned accordionist, Grayson Masefield
Soloist – Grayson Masefield
New Zealand born accordionist, Grayson Masefield, is the first person to win World Championships in all three accordion categories (Classical, Virtuoso and Digital). He has Master degrees in performance from Lausanne and in Studio Pedagogy from the University of Auckland, where he is currently the Instrumental Music Teacher for Accordion.
Grayson is regularly invited to adjudicate and/or appear as Guest Artist at international competitions he has previously won, and has been invited to perform in many countries throughout the world.
Thanks to a generous bequest, BOP Symphonia has been able to commission Ross Harris’s new work which Grayson premiered at these concerts.
- Rossini – Overture The Italian Girl in Algiers
- Honneger – Summer Pastorale
- Bete Ilin – The New Tomorrow (accordion, Grayson Masefield)
- Antonio Spaccatorella – Tango Revenge (accordion, Grayson Masefield)
- Ross Harris – Introduction and Allegro (World Première – accordion Grayson Masefield)
- Faure – Pavane
- Kurt Weill – Little Threepenny Music (arr Rozemond)
Programme booklet – download here
Concert review by Jeremy Whimster – download here