Bay of Plenty Symphonia is happy to announce the following 5 finalists of the 2023 Rising Stars Concerto Competition, after adjudication by a panel of three professional performing musicians (in alphabetical order):
- David Jiang -Beethoven Piano Concerto no 1, 1st mvmt
- Enoch Tie – Quantz Flute Concerto in G major; QV 5-174, 1st mvmt
- Ned Shaw – Bohme Trumpet concerto I F minor, 1st mvmt
- Pachakamac Lema – Haydn Cello Concerto in C, 2nd mvmt
- Sienna Tang – Danzi Flute Concerto no 2 in D minor, Op 31, P.231, 3rd mvmt
The finalists will be invited to play their concerto movement accompanied by Bay of Plenty Symphonia, during the final concert on 27th of August. Note that the Composition Competition winner will be announced separately.